Mince Pie Tiffin
100g unsalted nuts
140g dried fruit
100g golden syrup
2 tbsp fruit juice
Zest of 1 orange
150g chocolate, broken into bits
4 mince pies
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Toast the nuts for 5 mins in a hot pan then leave to cool.
- Put approximately half (80g) of the dried fruit and the juice into a small bowl and leave to soak. Roughly chop the rest of dried fruit and set aside for the topping.
- Line a 20cm square cake tin or baking dish with non- stick paper.
- Put the butter, syrup, cocoa, orange zest and a pinch of salt in a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring until smooth. Stir in the chopped chocolate, remove from the heat and leave to fully melt.
- Stir in the soaked fruits, the nuts and finally the broken mince pies, fold all together gently. Tip into the lined tin and level off. Put in the fridge and allow to set for 1 hour. Cut into squared to serve.
Dried fruit can include a mix of glace cherries, candied orange peel, dried apricots, raisins, sultanas - literally whatever you have knocking around in the cupboard
The same goes with unsalted nuts. Try a mix of hazelnuts, peanuts, almonds, walnuts and more!