What's crispy and delicious? Why our Parmesan Crusted Chicken of course!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 - 10 minutes
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
1 ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
Salt & pepper
3 Egg Yolks
60g Fresh or Dried Breadcrumbs
30g Finely Grated Parmesan
4 Tbsp Oil
3 Shallow Bowls or Dishes
Large Frying Pan
Tongs or Spatula
Use your breadcrumbs gradually as you go. This way you won’t be leftover with lots of breadcrumbs that has been contaminated by raw chicken. Excess breadcrumbs you don’t use can be frozen and used another time.
Test if the oil is hot enough before frying by dropping a breadcrumb in. If the oil sizzles around the crumb, then it's ready.
Raid your fridge for leftovers to use as your vegetable accompaniments.
Use your unused egg whites to make our Chocolate Mousse recipe.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing across the breast. Don’t slice all the way through so that when the breast is opened, it resembles a butterfly.
- Cover the butterflied breast with food wrap and tenderise using a rolling pin or heavy based pan. Aim to get the chicken to about half or three quarters of a centimeter thickness.
- In a shallow bowl, dish, or plate, mix together the flour, mixed herbs, and garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a second bowl whisk the egg yolks together with a small splash of water. A third bowl is required to mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan together.
- Working one chicken breast at a time; coat the chicken on both sides in the flour mix, then transfer to the egg mix and coat both sides, allow for excess to run off. Transfer to the breadcrumb mix and fully coat both sides, press on the chicken to coat well. Repeat with all the chicken, setting to one side on a baking tray or plate.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add your crumbed chicken breast and fry for about 4 minutes then flip and cook for a further 4 minutes on the other side.
- All the breadcrumbs should be golden in colour. Check the middle of your chicken is white to ensure it is thoroughly cooked before eating. Repeat the process until all the chicken is cooked. Finally place the chicken on the plate with your choice of vegetable accompaniments and enjoy.
Watch us make this dish
Parmesan Crusted Chicken: 13:05 - 50:00