1 tbsp oil
1 red onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 stick of celery, finely chopped
1 red pepper, diced
80g broccoli, chopped including the stalk
75g frozen peas
Handful of mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 chilli (optional), finely chopped
For the sauce
Try one of our recipes here!
1. Prepare all the vegetables you are choosing to use.
2. Combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, lime and chilli (if using) into a bowl.
3. Before you start cooking your vegetables, put your noodles on to cook. They should take between 3 and 5 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes. Next add all your other veggies and cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften, but still have a bit of ‘bite’ and crunch to them.
5. Now add the finely diced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, before adding the sauce. Give it a good stir to mix and heat it all through.
6. Once the noodles are ready, drain and add the vegetables. Stir to combine and enjoy!
Stir-fries are a great way off using up any odd bits of vegetables in your fridge.
You can get experimental with flavours if you have oyster sauce or hoisin sauce.
For a source of protein, add some chicken, prawns, tofu or chickpeas.