A jar of mincemeat
For the Shortcrust Pastry
200g plain flour
75g of sugar
To make the Shortcrust Pastry;
- Put 200g of plain flour in a mixing bowl and rub in 100g of butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add 75g of sugar and use a round-bladed knife or spoon to stir in cold water, a tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms. Go into the bowl with your hands and bring the mixture together to form a ball.
- Lightly knead the dough on a floured work surface then use a floured rolling pin to roll it out and use it to line a flan tin or shallow dish, ready to make any sweet tart.
To make the Mince Pies;
- Make one big tart or use a cutter to make individual ones to cook in a muffin tray. Lightly flour your tray to prevent the pastry sticking.
- Spoon in the mincemeat into the cases and use any leftover pastry to decorate the top.
- Cook for 10-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Wait until cool and dust with icing sugar.