Our recipe for quick and easy rice every time!
6 cups of water
Half a cup of rice for 2 people
Note: Read the time your rice packet suggests for a cooking time. We advise taking the minimum time it suggests, then adding 30 seconds on to it.
- Fill a pan with 6 cups of water and place on a high heat to bring it to a racing boil.
- Once the pan is boiling, add your rice and give a short stir immediately, to avoid your rice sticking to the bottom.
- Let the water come back to boil, then turn the heat down to a medium to high heat and start your timer.
- Once your time is up fill the remaining space in your pan up with cold water and then pour all the contents into a sieve. Keep cold running water on to your rice, making sure to move the rice around to ensure you stop the cooking process.
- Once the rice is completely cooled and cold, put the sieve on top of your pan or a bowl to drain out - make sure to fork through the rice every so often.
- When you are ready to eat, place your portion in the microwave on a high heat and serve. For any leftover portions, you can put that in a container in the fridge ready to be used the following day.