200g block of halloumi
1 medium sized aubergine or courgette
1 tsp of honey
Garnish with any herbs
Salt & Pepper
Make these ahead of time and just pop into the oven to warm up before serving.
Play around with different cheeses and sauces!
- Thinly slice your vegetables lengthways to about 5mm thickness.
- Salt vegetables and leave for 5-10 minutes then dab the water off with paper towel. This will remove excess water, prevent them from soaking up oil and make the vegetables more moist.
- Heat a fry pan on medium heat, add some oil and fry the vegetables until slightly brown and soft.
- Cut the halloumi block into 10 bite size pieces approximately 2cm x 2cm thick.
- Fry the halloumi on the same pan until lightly golden.
- Wrap each halloumi piece with your aubergine/courgette and place a toothpick in the center to hold it in place.
- Mix oil, honey and lemon juice then drizzle over the pigs in a blanket and season with some pepper.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with herbs and serve as a starter.