750g mixture of root vegetables (parsnips/carrots/pumpkin/squash/beetroot/potatoes)
50 mL oil
4 cloves garlic
1 Tbs Honey
1 Tbs Mixed herbs
Don’t peel the vegetables – leaving the skin on will increase your fibre consumption, give you more nutrients and avoid food waste!
This is a great festive side dish or you can add these roasted root vegetables to spinach to make a warm salad.
- Preheat oven to 2000C/1800C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the vegetables into batons and if using pumpkin or beetroot into bite-size wedges.
- Make the marinade - finely dice the garlic and add oil, honey and mixed herbs.
- Put vegetables into a mixing bowl and pour over the dressing. Mix until all vegetables are coated.
- Transfer to a baking tray and roast vegetables for 35 minutes or until all cooked through and golden brown.