6 large eggs
1 garlic clove
2 red peppers
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
1 large courgette
140g frozen peas
200g feta cheese
3 spring onions
1 tablespoon oil
Butter for greasing (optional)
Swap courgette for broccoli, asparagus, spinach.
Add in ham/bacon/chorizo
Swap feta cheese for cheddar or goats cheese.
You could cook this in a cake tin, or oven proof dish, or frying pan on stove (and then put under grill to cook the top).
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring it to the boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 15 mins.
- Trim out the stalk from the peppers, remove the seeds and cut into wide strips. Slice the courgette into long strips.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and lightly cook the courgettes on both sides. Remove from the heat. Cook the peppers in the same pan until they are tender and have a little bit of colour.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and return to the pan covered in cold water to cool.
- Turn oven on to 160o
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add 150ml of milk and whisk well with a fork.
- Trim and slice the spring onions. Slice or crush the garlic and add both to the egg mix.
- Once cooled, thinly slice potatoes. Crumble the feta into a small plate using your hands or a knife.
- Line the dish/cake tin with butter or greaseproof paper and layer up the veg, starting with a layer of potato, then courgette, followed by peas and feta, then potato, peppers, peas and feta before topping with a final layer of potato.
- Pour over the egg mix. Then using your hands, press down to disperse the egg mix. Put in the oven for 1 hour until the egg is cooked through.