1 small pumpkin or butternut squash
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp oil (preferably olive oil)
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tbsp tahini
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp ground cumin
To make the pumpkin crisps and seeds
1. Pre heat oven to 200C. Use a peeler to peel the pumpkin skin creating long thin strips.
2. Cut pumpkin in half and remove the pulp, rinse the seeds in a colander and lay out to dry.
3. In a frying pan over a medium to high heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Once hot add the pumpkin skins and seeds and season with salt and pepper. Gently move them round often.
4. Once skins and seeds are golden and crisp, remove from the pan and lay onto a piece of kitchen roll to soak up any excess oil.
To make the hummus
1. Take the pumpkin and cut into sections, then into 3cm cubes. Lay on a baking tray lined with baking paper along with the garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Roast in the oven at 200C for 45 minutes until very tender and slightly caramelised. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
3. Tip the pumpkin and garlic into a food processor or blender with the juices from the baking tray. Add the tahini, chickpeas, cumin and lemon juice and blend. Season to taste. If it is too thick, add a splash of water until you have the desired consistency.
4. Enjoy with your pumpkin crisps, peppers and cucumber.