Cooked roast dinner leftovers (any meat or vegetables)
2 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper
For the Shortcrust Pastry
200g plain flour
To make the Shortcrust Pastry;
- Put 200g of plain flour in a mixing bowl and rub in 100g of butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Use a round-bladed knife or spoon to stir in cold water, a tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms. Go into the bowl with your hands and bring the mixture together to form a ball.
- Lightly knead the dough on a floured work surface then use a floured rolling pin to roll it out and use it to line a flan tin or shallow dish, ready to make any quiche or tart.
To make the quiche;
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a microwave bowl with 1 chopped onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves. Stir in 3 tablespoons of curry powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a plate that sits nicely on top and microwave on full power for 3-4 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Chop up your cooked dinner leftovers into small equal pieces. Add your leftovers to the bowl, stir well and tip the mixture into your pastry case.
- Beat together 3 or 4 eggs with a splash of milk then slowly pour over the filling.
- Top the quiche with a sprinkling of strong Cheddar cheese and bake in the oven on a medium heat (190C) for 45-50 minutes, or until the filling has set and the quiche is golden on top.