1 onion, peeled and finely diced
2 garlic cloves, finely diced
Thumb-sized chunk of ginger, peeled &
½ red chilli finely diced (optional)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp ground turmeric*
1 tsp ground cumin*
1 tsp ground coriander*
300g roast turkey or chicken,
roughly chopped or torn
400g can chopped tomatoes
250ml chicken or vegetable stock
Handful of fresh coriander,
Naan bread and mango chutney to
*you can swap these for 2 tsp of
The perfect recipe for leftover chicken or turkey.
- Prepare the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large saucepan and add the garlic, ginger and red chilli, fry until the onions have softened and are looking transparent. If it starts to stick to the pan, add a splash of water.
- Add the turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander and stir well, cook for a couple of mins to toast them a bit.
- Add the chicken/turkey meat. Stir and make sure everything is covered in the spices. Add a small splash of waster if it's sticking to the pan.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock along with a pinch of salt, cover and cook on a low heat for 15 mins until it has heated through.
- Stir through the fresh chopped coriander and serve with rice, naan and a big spoonful of mango chutney.