Banana Bread Recipe
100g softened butter
175g caster sugar
2 ripe bananas
225g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
- Lightly grease a 17x9x9cm loaf tin and line it with non-stick baking parchment.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Measure all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat for about 2 minutes, until well blended; an electric mixer is best for this but of course you can also beat by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface. Bake for about 1 hour, until well risen and golden brown. A fine skewer inserted in the centre of the cake should come out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then loosen with a small palette knife and turn the cake out. Remove the lining paper and leave on a wire rack to cool completely. Slice thickly to serve.