Weekend Evening Driver - Job Description
Position title: Weekend Evening Driver
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
Job purpose & overview: The role of the Weekend Evening Driver is to support the logistics team with daily food rescue collections and deliveries. The role requires the driver to transport goods from UKHarvest’s donors (including retail outlets, wholesale centres, supermarkets and farms) to deliver to charities in the area, ensuring excellent customer service and positive relationship development with key external stakeholders.
The role is ideally suited to a self-motivated, proactive and friendly individual, at ease with dealing with a wide range of customers daily.
As well as collecting and delivering goods, the Weekend Evening Driver is also expected to keep the vehicle in excellent and clean condition and perform various administrative tasks including collecting food rescue statistics for reporting purposes.
Reports to: CEO & Logistics Coordinator
Employment type: Part-time (8 hours weekly)
Hours: 8 hours weekly (Saturday - Sunday 16:00 - 20:00)
Salary: £9 / hour
UKHarvest Purpose & Expectation
Our purpose is to Nourish our Nation.
- UKHarvest is committed to rescuing surplus food to feed people in need and help the environment (food rescue is the core of the UKHarvest business)
- UKHarvest is committed to educating the general public and our clients about food waste, nutrition and living a healthier lifestyle (through public campaigns and our education programmes)
- UKHarvest is committed to engage with the community to maximise our impact (with the help of volunteers and through our regional programme REAP as well as through campaigns to raise general awareness of the issues surrounding reduction of food waste)
To achieve this purpose UKHarvest prides itself not only on being logistics experts but also having an exceptional ‘customer and community service’ focus.
We expect from our team members a strong commitment and passion for food rescue and education with the organisation’s vision at the forefront of all decisions and actions.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
- Weekend evening food collections and deliveries according to daily rota provided by Logistics Coordinator
- Operation and maintenance of the UKHarvest vehicle (including loading and unloading food into the store room and fridges, daily cleaning of the vehicle, vehicle safety inspections and refueling as required)
- Integrate ad hoc collections and drop offs into daily rota as required
- Safe sorting and storage of any leftover food in the storeroom at the end of a daily shift
- Accurate tracking and recording of daily collections (items and weights) for reporting to Logistics Coordinator
- Accurate recording of any notes and feedback from donors or charities and their requirements for reporting to Logistics Coordinator
- Assist Logistics Coordinator to manage rota designs and ensure rota efficiencies, providing ongoing feedback and monitoring of the quality and quantities of food collected and delivered
- Adhere to all safety regulations from a Work Health & Safety and Food Health & Safety perspective
- Report any accidents or incidents in a timely and accurate manner to Logistics Coordinator
Other duties as reasonably required.
Training & Qualifications
- Valid commercial driver’s licence (CDL)
- Training in basic food safety and hygiene
- Manual Handling Certificate
- Relevant experience working previously in a driving role or logistics
- Knowledge of the West Sussex area and road system
Personal Abilities and Aptitudes
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm toward the vision of UKHarvest
- Energetic, positive, reliable, proactive and self-motivated individual, as the role requires spending long hours on the road
- Strong communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Customer service skills and approach, with the ability to build and nurture relationships with both internal and external stakeholders including food donors and charities
- Ability to work in a team
- High attention to detail, with the ability to accurately record and report on food rescue statistics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to complete paper work and reports
- Solution-focused approach to work
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of the UKHarvest food rescue operation
- Understanding and empathy with our mission and the charities we support
- Excellent problem-solving and planning skills
- Understanding of food health and safety legislation
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please send your CV to email@example.com, referencing the job title in the email subject.
Application closing date: Wednesday, 29 November 2017 at 5:00pm
Interview date: Interviews will take place on Friday, 8 December 2017