Position title: Volunteer
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
We are an environmental food rescue & education charity based in Chichester, West Sussex who collect surplus food from businesses, supermarkets and suppliers, and deliver to 100+ different beneficiaries across Hampshire, West Sussex and East Sussex.
- Work with UKHarvest team to support our activities
- Attend a volunteer induction
- Update UKHarvest of any changes that may affect ability to volunteer
- Assist the team in the development of new programmes and initiatives
- Assist with promotion of the volunteer programme to increase community support
- Comply with volunteer processes and procedures including Work Health & Safety
- From time to time, attend volunteer engagement activities
- Evaluate any risks associated with activities and take appropriate action to implement risk control measures
UKHarvest offers a range of short and long-term individual and corporate volunteer opportunities including:
- Fundraising and awareness-raising at market and expo stalls > Raising awareness for UKHarvest and collecting donations through talking to the public about the work we do in food rescue.
- Catering Assistant at either our Nourish Café or a Community Pop-up Restaurant
- NourishEd volunteers > Work together with the teaching staff to assist in the practical cooking component of the program in the classroom setting.
- Supporting Office and administrative staff Including answering phones, marketing, mailings, accounts, data entry and more. (business hours)
- Riding in the UKHarvest Vans > To assist professional drivers with food collection and delivery.
- Washing UKHarvest Food Containers Help by washing containers used to transport food (business hours).
- Driving an UKHarvest van to collect and deliver donated food > Although UKHarvest employs full time and casual drivers, volunteer opportunities exist for smaller food pickups after hours (Mon-Sun). Potential volunteer drivers must be able to drive a manual van, be over 25 years old and have an unblemished driving record. (various days/times).
- Assisting with various adhoc activities & special events Includes packing hampers, one-off food collections from special events, putting together goody bags for events, helping at our annual fundraiser and many, many more! (various days/time)
Why Volunteer With Us:
- Help fight against food poverty in the UK and gain an understanding of the challenges people face, that may cause them to rely on food banks
- Actively make a social and environmental impact and a difference to the lives of those in need
- Gain an understanding of the various organisations that work with the needy
- Gain transferable skills, training and development
- Build great connections and friendships through interaction with UKHarvest staff, corporate volunteers, food donors and recipient charities
- Receive regular email correspondence on UKHarvest activities and opportunities to volunteer
- Receive a reference for your CV
- Share your experiences, skills and motivations to inspire others into action!
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Employment type: As available
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please contact Hugo, Volunteer Co-ordinator on either 01243 696940 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or click here Donate Time