Driver Job Description
Driver - Part-time
The role of the Driver is to support the logistics team with daily food rescue collections and deliveries. The role requires the driver to transport goods from UKHarvest’s donors (including retail outlets, wholesale centres, supermarkets and farms) to deliver to charities in the area, ensuring excellent customer service and positive relationship development with key external stakeholders.
The role is ideally suited to a self-motivated, proactive and friendly individual, at ease with dealing with a wide range of customers daily.
As well as collecting and delivering goods, the Driver is also expected to keep the vehicle in excellent and clean condition and perform various administrative tasks including collecting food rescue statistics for reporting purposes. The driver is also responsible for carrying out the opening and closing checks each day and keeping the store rooms clean and tidy.
• Food collections and deliveries according to daily Rota provided by Logistics Manager
• Undertake opening and closing checks related to Food Hygiene regulations
• Daily operation and maintenance of the UKHarvest vehicle (including loading and unloading food into the store room and fridges, daily cleaning of the vehicle, vehicle safety inspections and refuelling as required)
• Integrate ad hoc collections and drop offs into daily Rota as required
• Safe sorting and storage of any leftover food in the storeroom at the end of a daily shift
• Accurate tracking and recording of daily collections (items and weights) for reporting to Logistics Manager
• Accurate record of any notes and feedback from donors or charities and their requirements for reporting to Logistics Manager
• Assist Logistics Manager to manage Rota designs and ensure Rota efficiencies, providing ongoing feedback and monitoring of the quality and quantities of food collected and delivered
• Adhere to all safety regulations from a Work Health & Safety and Food Health & Safety perspective
• Undertake a Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate (arranged by UKHarvest)
• Undertake any manual handling training as required
• Report any accidents or incidents in a timely and accurate manner to Logistics Manager
Other duties as reasonably required.
To apply please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , referencing 'Accounts Assistant Application' in the email subject.