UKHarvest Nourish Complete - Our 6 week Cookery Programme
Nourished Complete is a six session course covering all aspects of healthy eating, cooking skills, meal planning, budgeting, reducing sugar, understanding food labelling, getting more active, environmental impact of food production & waste – everything participants need to be able to make good choices regarding theirs and their families eating habits. The course includes participants completing a Level 1 Food Hygiene certificate.
Session 1 – Where to start
• Understanding The Eatwell Guide • The Building Blocks of a Balanced Diet • Good Foundations –Building a Healthy Breakfast • Recipes
Session 2 – Understand what you eat
• Natural & Added 'Free' Sugar • Get Active –It really does work! • Recipes
Session 3 – Sweet Enough
• Food labelling -What does it all mean? • How Much –Knowing your portions • Building a Healthy Meal -Eating the rainbow! • Food Safety , Kitchen Check , Recipes
Session 4 – Fats & Salts
• Do we need fat in our diet? • Easy ways to reduce the fat we eat • Salt • Takeaway Temptation • Recipes
Session 5 – Stretching the budget
• Planning Ahead • Where to Start? • Freezing • Reheating the right way • Recipes
Session 6 - It’s a wrap!
• Top tips for healthy eating • Keeping a food diary • How does our diet impact the environment? • Recipes