Join us for a fun and simple session and learn just how easy it is to ‘jazz’ up basic tins of potatoes, veg and other non-perishable store cupboard ingredients to help you keep costs down at Xmas.
We’ll share a low-cost, healthy recipe and our top tips to make the most of your ingredients whilst we cook a delicious meal together. Our session will help you avoid food waste at home and save you money, so you can make your favourite dishes no matter your budget.
At the end of the session you will have:
- Cooked a delicious meal
- Learnt to make the most of your ingredients
- Avoided unnecessary food waste to reduce your environmental impact
The recipe and ingredients you will need will be added shortly on the Online Event Page.
Who can take part?
The course is open to all UK residents and would appeal to anyone with an interest in food, healthy eating, shopping on a budget and/or the environment. You only need a little experience in the kitchen and basic cooking equipment to create healthy, nutritious and satisfying meals.
How it works
Before joining our cookery session you will receive a shopping list for the ingredients you will need and a YouTube link to access the live cook along - make sure to check your equipment list and set up your kitchen with everything you will need to get started. From here you will meet our NourishEd team for a 2-hour live online cooking session where you will learn how to cook as a group!
What you will need
You’ll need basic cookery experience, access to a kitchen and a computer with internet access to join our online event. You’ll also need ordinary utensils and ingredients to cook with – full details will be available nearer the event.
1 Tin Corned Beef, sliced
1 Tin Butter Beans, mashed
1 Tin Carrots
1 Packet Stuffing Mix
1 Tin Sliced Mushrooms
- Pre heat the oven to 190o Line the base of a loaf tin with baking/parchment paper ready for layering.
- Make the packet of stuffing following the on pack directions.
- Drain the butter beans and mash using a potato masher.
- Slice the corned beef into slices about the ½ cm thickness.
- Drain the carrots and the mushroom but keep them separate.
- Using the mushrooms place a thin layer on the base of the loaf tin, on top of the mushrooms put a thin layer of stuffing mix, its best to use wet hands to press this into place. Next place a layer of corned beef, top this with a thin layer of butter bean mash. Into the butter beans push in the canned carrots.
- Repeat step 6 until the loaf tin full, ensuring the top layer is stuffing. When the tin is full place in the oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- Serve with vegetables and potatoes.